This perennial champ, having had its thunder taken by cities like London and Tokyo, now is back with a vengeance with a crop of pilgrimage-worthy restaurants, top-to-bottom overhauls of the world's most iconic hotels, and the elevation of the concept store. And you still can't turn a corner without running into a Rodin.
Paris Travel Guide
Plan Your Paris Trip
The 25 Most Beautiful Places in Paris
Welcome to the runway model of cities.
10 Best Things to Do in Paris (And What Not to Do)
Without some insider intel, it can be easy to make a misstep.
Paris’s Champs-Élysées Is Undergoing Massive Changes
The famed promenade is regularly choked with traffic, but a newly announced project plans to make it more pedestrian-friendly.
This Candle Will Make Your Apartment Smell Like Paris
Like all great scents, it transports you someplace far away.
Paris’ Latest Transportation Changes Make It Easier to Get Around
New options from the Metro and Uber are giving you more ways to explore the City of Light.
Best Places to Stay in Paris
- 42 Best Hotels in ParisWhether you’re in the City of Light for business, or the City of Love for pleasure, there’s a hotel to suit your style.
- 23 Best Luxury Hotels in ParisExceptional places to stay in a city that does it better than most.
- The Best Airbnbs in ParisExposed beams, cozy fireplaces, and classic stone walls, s'il vous plaît.
- What to Expect at Hotels as Travel ReturnsIt will feel like a more comfortable version of last year—but don't forget your mask.
Editor Hotel Recommendations
- J.K. Place Paris$$$ | 82 Rue de Lille, Paris 75007Read full reviewThe first overseas outpost of the famed Italian brand does Parisian-chic effortlessly.Hot List
- Hôtel Récamier$$ | 3B Place Saint-Sulpice, Paris 75006Read full reviewA B&B vibe with boutique hotel flair, this is a chic spot with worldly spirit.Gold List
- Hotel Verneuil, ParisParis, Paris
- Le Pavillon de la Reine$$ | 28 Pl. des Vosges, ParisRead full reviewRetreat to a French country mansion, in the heart of the Marais.Readers Choice Awards
- Saint James Paris$$ | 5 Place du Chancelier Adenauer, ParisRead full reviewA property with the distinction of being the city's only chateau-hotel.Readers Choice Awards
- Hotel de Sers41 Avenue Pierre 1er de Serbie, Paris 75008Readers Choice Awards
- Four Seasons Hotel George V, Paris$$$ | 31 Av. George V, ParisRead full reviewThis bucket-list hotel in the ever-so-chic eighth lives up to the hype (as long as you're prepared for the sticker shock).Readers Choice Awards
- Hôtel de Crillon, A Rosewood Hotel$$$ | 10 Pl. de la Concorde, ParisRead full reviewOne of Paris’s best-loved palace hotels has been utterly transformed, and its sass and zing have pulses racing.Readers Choice Awards
Gold List Hot List
- Ritz Paris$$$ | 15 Place Vendôme, Paris, Ile-de-France 75001Read full reviewAs long as you're prepared for the sticker shock, this Place Vendôme palace is a must-stay for history buffs and hotel junkies.Readers Choice Awards
Gold List Hot List
- La Réserve Paris - Hotel and Spa$$$ | 42 Avenue Gabriel, Paris 75008Read full reviewA five-star off the Champs-Elysées for the staunchest boutique hotel fans.Readers Choice Awards
- Hôtel Plaza Athénée, Dorchester Collection$$$ | 25 Av. Montaigne, ParisRead full reviewLive the glam life in a hotel awash in Paris's fashionable history—and, with the help of the fashion editors who stay here, it's fashionable present-tense.Readers Choice Awards
Hot List Gold List
- Grand Hôtel du Palais Royal$$ | ParisRead full reviewMore like a series of private apartments, this understated luxury hotel is the only with direct views over the Palais Royal Gardens.Readers Choice Awards
- Prince de Galles, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Paris$$ | ParisRead full reviewA tasteful nod to a the 1920s Années Folles era in Paris, and a refreshing departure from much of the further-back looking competition.Readers Choice Awards
- Le Bristol Paris$$$ | 112 Rue du Faubourg Saint-Honoré, Paris 75008Read full reviewAn icon for all the right reasons, this Faubourg Saint-Honoré stalwart earns regulars who eventually feel like family.Readers Choice Awards
- Generator Paris$ | 9-11 Pl. du Colonel Fabien, ParisRead full reviewExplore the city from a convenient, wallet-friendly base that doubles as a lively spot to mingle with like-minded explorers.Readers Choice Awards
The Best Things to Do in Paris
- 32 Best Things to Do in ParisParis's cobblestone streets are lined with so much, it can be hard to plan an itinerary. Here's our list of what you simply can't miss.
- 15 Best Things to Do in Paris With KidsDinner boats, dragon slides, amusement parks: you'd think this city was built for little ones.
- 12 Best Museums & Galleries in ParisEverywhere you turn it seems there's another exhibition or collection you could spend hours with.
- 18 Best Places for Shopping in ParisTreat yourself in the City of Light.
- 19 Best Paris Walking ToursHit the pavement to experience these notable walks.
- 5 Best Day Trips from ParisA guide to charming getaways near the City of Lights.
- LandmarkPère Lachaise Cemetery16 Rue du Repos, Paris 75020Read full reviewVisitors flock to the A-list graves here, with Oscar Wilde, Edith Piaf, and Jim Morrison among the most-visited.
- LandmarkEiffel TowerChamp de Mars, 5 Avenue Anatole France, Paris 75007Read full reviewIt's one of the most beloved and recognizable landmarks in the city, and it provides an orientation point for Paris.
- LandmarkBarbizon and the Auberge Ganne92 Grande Rue, Barbizon 77630Read full reviewVillage filled with art history.
- Parks & GardensParc de la VilletteRead full reviewIf you can spare an afternoon, check out this pleasantly untouristed park up in the 19th arrondissement, which also houses the Cité des Sciences et de l’Industrie, the largest science museum in Europe.
- Parks & GardensJardin d'AcclimatationRead full reviewThis amusement park in the Bois de Bologne, one of Paris' large forests, offers mini–roller coasters, mirrored funhouse, pony rides, and more.
- TourPictours Paris5 Rue Joseph Granier, Paris 75007Read full reviewDuring these early-morning tours of the city, you'll learn to take photos in places like the Louvre—and to appreciate a much less crowded Paris.
- TourKasia Dietz Bag Painting Workshops43 Rue Meslay, Paris 75003Read full reviewPlan for a creative—and stylish—afternoon at this designer's atelier in the Haut Marais, where your kids will decorate bags with tips straight from a pro.
- TourLa Cuisine Paris – Éclairs: Choux Pastry!80 Quai de l'Hôtel de Ville, Paris 75004Read full reviewThis isn't just any old cooking class—it's a guided pastry-making course held in a 17th-century house overlooking the Seine.
- GalleryFondation Cartier pour l'Art ContemporainRead full reviewThe average Paris visitor may overlook it, but the initiated in contemporary art won’t come to Paris without stopping here.
- MuseumMusée de l'OrangerieRead full reviewThis museum's more intimate scale belies the astonishing works housed within, including the "Nymphéas": Monet's dramatic water lily paintings.
- activityFondation Pierre Bergé-Yves Saint LaurentAvenue du Président Wilson, Paris 75116
How Mayor Anne Hidalgo Plans to Reinvent Paris
As she enters her second term, Mayor Anne Hidalgo envisions a far greener Paris.
The Best Places to Eat and Drink in Paris
- 29 Best Restaurants in ParisWhere to eat in one of the world's culinary hot spots.
- 25 Best Bars in ParisThe city has no shortage of great places where you can find a proper pour.
- 20 Best Pâtisseries in ParisA few of our favorites to kick-start your sweet, sweet adventures.
- 22 Best Cafés and Coffee Shops in ParisNo surprise, the city is a specialty coffee capital.
- 20 Best Food Tours in ParisHow to enjoy the city's moveable feast.
Editor Restaurant and Bar Recommendations
- RestaurantVivant 2$$ | 43 Rue des Petites Écuries, Paris 75010The menu is a short but sharp offering of small, shareable dishes and two to three larger portions for bigger appetites.
- CafeBreizh Café$$ | 109 Rue Vieille du Temple, Paris 75003Known for the best Breton-style buckwheat galettes and sweet crêpes in Paris.
- Restaurantyam'Tcha$$ | 121 Rue Saint-Honoré, Paris 75001
- Street FoodLes Enfants du Marché$$ | Marché des Enfants Rouges, 39 Rue de Bretagne, Paris 75003
- RestaurantClover Grill6 Rue Bailleul, Paris 75001
- RestaurantÅKE - Table & Vin$$ | 8 Rue Marie et Louise, Paris 75010
- RestaurantLe Chardenoux$$ | 1 rue Jules Vallès, Paris 75011
- RestaurantLiza$$ | 14 Rue de la Banque, Paris 75002
- RestaurantSubstance$$ | 18 Rue de Chaillot, Paris 75116
- RestaurantAbri$$ | 92 rue du Faubourg-Poissonnière, Paris, Ile-de-France 75010Chef Katsuaki Okiyama makes what he plans at this tasting-menu-only restaurant.
- RestaurantLa Tour d'Argent$$$ | 15-17 Quai de la Tournelle, Paris 75005
- RestaurantLa Dame de Pic$$$ | 20 Rue du Louvre, Paris 75001Pic's hyperseasonal cooking is both bold and delicate; Japanese flavors and ingredients inflect many of her dishes, as with the baked carrots with hazelnut and Nikka Black whiskey foam.
- RestaurantLe Baratin$$ | 3 Rue Jouye-Rouve, Paris 75020Since there isn’t much in the way of atmosphere, Le Baratin is best reserved for those who can appreciate simple, authentic dining experiences.
- RestaurantLa Coupole$$$ | 102 Bd du Montparnasse, Paris 75014Patti Smith played guitar on the terrace, Henry Miller came for breakfast, and Jane Birkin used to lunch here.
Camille Cottin of ‘Call My Agent!’ on Portraying Paris Without the Clichés
We catch up with the star of the hit French show.
More from Paris
JetBlue Is Bringing Cheap Flights to Paris
The City of Light will be the airline’s second transatlantic destination.
A Peek Inside the New Orient Express Train Reveals It’s More Glamorous Than Ever
The refurbished train has sumptuous interiors with modern flair, plus perks like round suites and Champagne call buttons.
Food & Drink
Thanks to Paris’ Urban Farms, the City’s Best Restaurants Are Serving Hyper-Local Produce
Diners tucking into herbs and vegetables grown within city limits are making “parking lot to plate” more than just a passing trend.
The Orient Express Is Resuming Its Legendary Journeys From Paris—and It’s More Glamorous Than Ever
The iconic train is coming back to life in 2024, replete with Art Deco details and opulent suites.
- Rome Travel GuideThe world's greatest outdoor museum
- Venice Travel GuideTrust us, you'll want to get lost
- Madrid Travel GuideBarcelona’s big rival has its mojo back
- Lisbon Travel GuideTiles, tiles, tiles
- Florence Travel GuideThere's a new renaissance in town
- Edinburgh Travel GuideMore than just Fringe
- Dublin Travel GuideOne river—one thousand pubs
- Copenhagen Travel GuideA Michelin-starred fairytale